Skip to main content
x
History

History

Brief History Of This Temple

Raja Pratap Bhahadur Singh of Awadh constructed the present main temple of Shri Belha Devi, which is situated on the bank of Sai river in District Pratapgarh, during the period 1811–15.This temple had the patronage of Awadh State. The raja of Pratapgarh appointed pujari as "Pujari Name" of this temple whose duty was to worship the deity of the temple. After the merger of princely State into district these pujaris became independent on the matter of controlling and managing the affairs of the temple and the land attached to the temple. They are maintaining this temple and providing necessary facilities to the visiting devotees and thus the condition of the temple progressed day by day. So much so that there were proper arrangements for pilgrims visiting the temple during Navaratra melas.

Temple Events

Temple Events

Events related to this Temple

Navaratri

Map

Map

Zoom into map for location

Belha Devi Temple Awadh

This temple belonging to the faith, Hinduism is in Pratapgarh
Temple Timings

Temple Timings

Timings Of this Temple

The temple remains open from 4 am to 10 pm in the summer and from 5 am to 9 pm in the winter.

Correct Us!

Comment or Contact Us to add the missing information OR correct this information

Add new comment