Skip to main content
x
History

History

Brief History Of This Temple
The temple was established in 1956 following the recovery of an idol of Chandraprabha on 16 August 1956. The white stone idol was retrieved from underground, reinforcing the belief that this place was once a Dehra, a place where Jain idols are worshipped. After the setting up of the Jain temple, the place has regained its former importance as a pilgrimage centre
Sculpture

Sculpture

Sculpture in this Temple
The main deity of the temple is Chandraprabhu, the eighth Tirthankara of present cosmic age. The idol of Chandraprabhu is 15 inch in height made of white stone. According to the inscription on the idol, it was installed on the third day of Vishakha Shukla 1554. There is another idol which is made up of black stone, 8 inches in height, in the lotus position. Both the idols, with others, are installed in a rectangular temple decorated with pinnacles. The temple hall has a total of capacity of 2,000 persons. There is a Township in the name of Lord Chandraprabha as "Chandralok City" spread in more than 100 acres, on the main road. There is a 250 years old, Parshavanatha temple situated near the main temple. Navagraha Jain Temple and Padmavati temple are also near temple complex.
Temple Events

Temple Events

Events related to this Temple
Mahavir Jayanti
Map

Map

Zoom into map for location

Tijara Jain Temple Tijara

This temple belonging to the faith, Jainism is in Alwar

Correct Us!

Comment or Contact Us to add the missing information OR correct this information

Add new comment